“Sooner or later, we will have to recognise that the Earth has rights, too, to live without pollution. What mankind must know is that human beings cannot live without Mother Earth, but the planet can live without humans.” Evo Morales
To play an active role encouraging the stopping of using one time plastic straws in the Sub-Saharan Africa region. We also strongly promote the concept of offering a straw “only upon request”. We offer Glass & Bamboo Alternatives.
Be The Wave Of Change
Average number of straws used worldwide per day
Trash in the world’s oceans is comprised of plastic
The number of years it takes for a plastic straw to decompose.
Seabirds & mammals that have ever ingested plastic
The Green Straw Company is an environmentally conscious company and will donate a % of its profits to a charity that aligns itself with our fight to resolve and combat plastic pollution.
Resistance to Change
We have come across so much resistance to change to alternative environmentally friendly options, predominantly from restaurants where the decision ends with the costs. On top of which the worry that they’re customers will be unsatisfied. What is needed is a change of mind set, a look at the bigger picture. We all have a responsibility to do what we can and we can all do so much:
– educate others of the importance of cutting down on the use of plastic
– stop buying and using plastic yourself. Every straw, every plastic cup counts.
– take ownership of our own responsibility, don’t preach/act.
– take the responsibility and be at the forefront of this crucial movement
– use your influential position to persuade, educate and inform your customers
– the movement is International and South Africa is way behind the times.
"Paper Straws have been such a hit and transition painless - thanks so much". -Salt Cafe, Salt Rock
"Thanks for the order of paper straws, its been an absolute God send finding a supplier that we can now rely on! Will be in touch again soon with our next order."-Sagewood Cafe, Pietermaritzburg